Episode 76: Compiling Software on Debian Based Systems
News & Personal Updates
- 0:08:32 SUSE extends Linux agreement with Microsoft for four more years.
- 0:12:18 Oracle purchases Ksplice.
- 0:24:34 The Humble Indie Bundle 3 is now on sale.
- 0:28:36 Linux 3.0 Kernel is released and shows up in Finnix 102 distro release.
- 0:29:44 KDE 4.7 has been released.
- 0:30:42 Compiling Debian Software
- Exampe Used: Flight Gear dependenciessudo apt-get install git-core subversion build-essential cmake cmake-curses-gui libpng-dev libfreetype6-dev libjpeg-dev libungif4-dev libtiff-dev libxmu-dev libxi-dev libglut3-dev libalut-dev libboost-dev automake autoconf libfltk1.1-dev libplib-dev libopenscenegraph-dev
Website of the Week
Tip of the Week
If you get errors when running make install it’s probably because you don’t have permission to copy files to /usr/local/bin, in that case do a sudo make install and you should be good.
- The Nottingham LUG is holding a talk by Richard Stallman August 24th in Nottingham, UK http://stallman.eventbrite.com/
Hosts: Rob, Scott, James, Harrison
Subscribe to the podcast: [iTunes] [Zune] [RSS MP3] [RSS OGG]
Email: [email protected]
Twitter: @mintCast @Linux_Mint @3dbeef @jamescoyner
IRC: irc.spotchat.org – #mintcast
More Linux Mint info:Linux Mint website,blog,forums,community
Podcast Entry and exit music provided by Mark Blasco. http://www.podcastthemes.com/ The podcast’s bumpers were provided by Oscar.
Your browser does not support the audio element.
Podcast: Play in new window | Download