mintCast 255 – Derivative distros and ferenOS, a Mint derivative
- Ubuntu 16.10 Released, Ready to Download
- Ubuntu 16.10: The Linux for the cloud and containers arrives
- Canonical releases Ubuntu 16.10
- NoScript is harmful and promotes Malware!?
- 7 Mistakes New Linux Users Make
- Beginner’s Guide to the Linux Desktop
- Rob talks about what exactly is a Derivative distros and his experience with ferenOS, a Mint derivative, while Isaac isn’t sure what went wrong when he tried out ferenOS.
Tips & Websites:
- 2016 Seattle GNU/Linux Conference November 11-12, 2016 Seattle Central College http://seagl.org/
- linux.conf.au 16–20 January, 2017, Hobart, Tasmania, Australia https://linux.conf.au
- Internet Identity Workshop XXIII #23
- Registration = Oct 25 – 27, 2016
- Conference = May 2 – 4, 2017
- Computer History Museum in Mountain View, CA
- Taken from Linux Journal issue
- List of conferences according to the Linux Foundation
- List from Linux Magazine: http://www.linux-magazine.com/Resources/Event-Calendar
- Forum: forums.linuxmint.com (rarely)
- Email: [email protected]
- Twitter: @mintCast @3dbeef @txhawkins @JoeRessington @Linux_Mint
- IRC: irc.spotchat.org – #mintcast
- Google+: mintCast
Podcast Entry and exit music provided by Mark Blasco (podcastthemes.com). Podcast bumpers provided by Oscar.