mintCast 139: Mint 14 “Nadia” Is Here!
- Unofficial Steam install for Linux. (linuxgamecast.com)
- Nadia backports available in Linux Mint 13. (linuxmint.com)
- GNOME: The traditional Linux desktop is coming back (pcworld.com)
- Portuguese Government Adopts ODF as Sole Editable Document Format. (consortiuminfo.org)
- OpenOffice dumped as Freiburg plots return to Microsoft. (computerworld.co.nz)
- Delays beset the Linux Foundation’s Secure Boot workaround. (pcworld.com)
- German govt comes out against Trusted Computing and Secure Boot. (linuxbsdos.com)
- HPR New Year’s Eve Show. (hackerpublicradio.org)
The Main Topic: Linux Mint 14 “Nadia”
- Release Announcement. (blog.linuxmint.com)
- What’s New in Linux Mint 14. (linuxmint.com)
- Release Notes. (linuxmint.com)
- Synergy (synergy-foss.org)
- Chromium Issues? (linuxmint.com)
- nVidia proprietary drivers. (linuxmint.com)
- If you want a script or application to run at boot, add the following line to your crontab file:
- @reboot <command>
- At a command prompt, type crontab -e. You may be asked to choose your default editor; nano is probably the easiest to use. Scroll to the bottom of the file and add the line. Save the file and you are all set.
Your browser does not support the audio element.
Live Stream (Mondays at 8:00 p.m. Eastern): mintcast.org
Email: [email protected]
IRC: irc.spotchat.org – #mintcast
YouTube: mintCast Productions
Credits: Podcast Entry and exit music provided by Mark Blasco (podcastthemes.com). The podcast’s bumpers were provided by Oscar.