399 – Lunar Eclipse? No, Lunar Lobster
Security and Privacy 18:35
Biweekly Wanderings 20:8
Linux Innards 47:40
Vibrations By The Ether 1hr 25m
Housekeeping and Announcements 1h 32m
First up in the news: The Kudu is out, with a Lobster on its tail, Fedora 37 is dragging, the next Kernel takes less power from the people, Steam Snap switches stacks, Flatpak gets Meson, and Linus wants to forget about 486;
In security and privacy: we get the first security update for the Kudu;
Then in our Wanderings: Joe goes to Micro Center, Moss is having a ball, and Bill is clouding around
In our Innards section, we continue our historical journey through Linux distros;
Twitter. Discord. Telegram. Matrix. Reddit. Youtube.
- Ubuntu 22.10 is Available to Download
- Ubuntu 23.04 Codename Revealed – And It’s a Lucently Likeable Label
- Fedora Linux 37 update
- Linux 6.2 Likely To Enjoy Measurable Power-Savings While Idle Or Lightly Loaded
- Canonical’s Steam Snap Will Let You Switch Mesa Stacks
- Brave Browser to start blocking annoying Cookie Consent Banners
- Google is shutting down Stadia
- GNU Toolchain Plans Move To The Linux Foundation’s Infrastructure
- Flatpak 1.15 Released With Initial Meson Build System Support
- Linus Torvalds suggests the 80486 architecture belongs in a museum, not the Linux kernel
Security and Privacy Update
Check This Out
- Joe – Tllts.org, linuxlugcast.com, MeWe, [email protected], Buy Joe a coffee
- Moss – Full Circle Weekly News, Distrohoppers’ Digest, [email protected], other information found at It’s Moss dot com
- Bill – [email protected], Bill_H on Discord, @wchouser3 on Twitter, and wchouser3 on Facebook also – checkout my podcast 3ftpodcast.org
- Norbert – [email protected]
Before we leave, we want to make sure to acknowledge some of the people who make mintCast possible:
- Norbert, Londoner, Tony H, AudioFreak(Riyo) and all others for our audio editing
- Josh Lowe, and Bill Houser for all his work on the website
- Hobstar for our logo, initrd for the animated Discord logo
- Linode for hosting mintcast.org
- Archive.org for hosting our audio files
- The Linux Mint development team for the fine distro we love to talk about.Thanks, Clem!
Podcast: Play in new window | Download
5 Replies to “399 – Lunar Eclipse? No, Lunar Lobster”
I loved this show .. I love most of them actually. I was wondering if it would be a good idea if you posted the show notes for the History of linux each episode?? I know I would like it. Or maybe at least links to the packages mentioned in the show. Like to day links to the diffrent SUSE distros and NAS implemtation would be great.
Thanks to all for a wonder pod cast I never miss it now that I have fount it!
Actually what I decided to do is add a menu to the home page that lists show notes. We’ll add them to this as well as a link to the google doc in the YouTube description.
We do link to the show notes on the YouTube page. We’ll have to start adding that to the post page.
to clarify – we link to the show notes in the youtube chat
and I just added that same link here on the post. Thanks for the input, Bentley