396.5 – Newschool Ransomware
BleepingComputer publishes a series titled “This Week in Ransomware” each week as a news summary on this topic. In early September they covered multiple times schools being increasingly targeted by ransomware and we decided to cover it in the innards.
And finally, the feedback and a couple of suggestions.
Twitter. Discord. Telegram. Matrix. Reddit. Youtube.
- Second largest U.S. school district LAUSD hit by ransomware
- FBI warns of Vice Society ransomware attacks on school districts
- Vice Society claims LAUSD ransomware attack, theft of 500GB of data
- Ransomware gangs switching to new intermittent encryption tactic
Check This Out
- GitHub – advplyr/audiobookshelf: Self-hosted audiobook and podcast server
- I tried to save money. I failed HARD. How not to solder an hdmi port
- Bill’s Arch Linux Update Script
Housekeeping & Announcements
- Next Live Stream – 2 pm US Central time on October 8, 2022
- Get the Live Stream converted to your time zone
- Livestream information is at https://192.168.1.114/livestream
- Joe – Tllts.org, linuxlugcast.com, MeWe, [email protected], Buy Joe a coffee
- Moss – Full Circle Weekly News, Distrohoppers’ Digest, [email protected], other information found at It’s Moss dot com
- Bill – [email protected], Bill_H on Discord, @wchouser3 on Twitter, and wchouser3 on Facebook also – checkout my podcast 3ftpodcast.org
- Norbert – [email protected]
Before we leave, we want to make sure to acknowledge some of the people who make mintCast possible:
- Norbert, Tony H, and all others for our audio production
- Leo for timestamps and publishing
- Hobstar for our logo
- initrd for the animated Discord logo
- Londoner for our time sync
- Archive.org for hosting our audio files
- The Linux Mint development team for the fine distro we love to talk about.Thanks, Clem!
Podcast: Play in new window | Download