Episode 74: Linux and Audio
News & Personal Updates
- 0:08:18 Clem has posted some information about upcoming releases on the blog.
- 0:14:04 Linux Mint signs partnership with AYKsolutions.
- 0:19:07 Sneak Preview of Gnome 3.2.
- 0:24:10 In quick hit release news, Adobe has a beta version of a new 64 bit Flash Player for Linux, Canonical has released Alpha 2 for Ubuntu 11.10 (one week behind original schedule), RC2 for KDE 4.7 has been made available, and Mint 11 LXDE RC 2 released.
- 0:27:07 Audio and Linux
- Fluendo Codec Pack
- 0:53:33 Now Hear This!
Website of the Week
Linuxaudio.org is a not-for-profit consortium of libre software projects and artists, companies, institutions, organizations, and hardware vendors using Linux kernel-based systems and allied libre software for audio-related work, with an emphasis on professional tools for the music, production, recording, and broadcast industries.
Tip of the Week
- Inexpensive, external low-latency USB audio interfaces such as the Behringer UCA 202 and 222 can allow you to connect musical instruments to your Linux Digital Audio Workstation. Tascam and M-Audio offer similar products. Additionally, by placing the audio interface outside the computer (away from interference from other components) you can eliminate buzz and hum from your recordings.
- Send in mintCast logos and T-Shirt designs for a chance to win one of the new mintCast T-Shirts in our contest.
The best logos and designs will win a free T-Shirt, so send in your designs by July 31th.
Hosts: Rob, Scott, James, Harrison
Subscribe to the podcast: [iTunes] [Zune] [RSS MP3] [RSS OGG]
Email: [email protected]
Twitter: @mintCast @Linux_Mint @3dbeef @jamescoyner
IRC: irc.spotchat.org – #mintcast
More Linux Mint info:
Linux Mint website,
Podcast Entry and exit music provided by Mark Blasco. http://www.podcastthemes.com/ The podcast’s bumpers were provided by Oscar.
Your browser does not support the audio element.