mintCast 402 – Linux Mint Beta
BiWeekly Wanderings 31:19
Linux Innards 58:05
Check This Out 1:40
First up in the news: Mint 21.1 beta has been released, vivaldi adds mastodon plugin.
In Security and Privacy, Eufy shows your videos, samsungs lost some keys, and more rootkits.
The in our wanderings: Guy talk
In our innards section, Bill discusses setting up podcasts.
Twitter. Discord. Telegram. Matrix. Reddit. Youtube.
- Linux Mint, OMG Ubuntu, How-To Geek, The Register, 9to5linux.com – Linux Mint 21 Beta Release
TimeVivaldi adds Mastodon plugin Lords decree an end to leap seconds before risky attempt to reverse time
- Elementary Updates
- NixOS 22.11 Released
Security and Privacy
- Eufy’s “local storage” cameras can be streamed from anywhere, unencrypted
CosmicStrand: the discovery of a sophisticated UEFI firmware rootkit
- Joe – Tllts.org, linuxlugcast.com, MeWe, [email protected], Buy Joe a coffee
- Moss – Full Circle Weekly News, Distrohoppers’ Digest, [email protected], other information found at It’s Moss dot com
- Bill – [email protected], Bill_H on Discord, @wchouser3 on Twitter, and wchouser3 on Facebook also – checkout my podcast 3ftpodcast.org
- Norbert – [email protected]
Before we leave, we want to make sure to acknowledge some of the people who make mintCast possible:
- Norbert, Londoner, Tony H, AudioFreak(Riyo) and all others for our audio editing
- Josh Lowe, and Bill Houser for all his work on the website
- Hobstar for our logo, initrd for the animated Discord logo
- Linode for hosting mintcast.org
- Archive.org for hosting our audio files
- The Linux Mint development team for the fine distro we love to talk about.Thanks, Clem!
Podcast: Play in new window | Download