mintCast 207 – Shh… It’s Private!
- More on the future of LMDE and the Linux Mint Main Edition. (blog.linuxmint.com)
- Linux Founder Linus Torvalds ‘Still Wants the Desktop’ (eweek.com)
- Munich considers dumping Linux for … GULP … Windows! (networkworld) (theregister.co.uk) (arstechnica.com)
- Munich Council Say Talk of LiMux Demise Is Greatly Exaggerated (techrepublic.com) (omgubuntu.co.uk)
- Operating System U: A bunch of kids with an impossible pipe dream or the greatest OS since The Hurd? (kickstarter.com) (operatingsystemu.com)
Main Topic: FOSS Tools for Privacy
- Linux Unified Key Setup (LUKS) (wikipedia.org) (code.google.com)
- K9 Mail (github.com) with APG (github.com) for GPG on Android
- How to Encrypt Email in Linux (linux.com)
- The Amnesic Incognito Live System (TAILS) (tails.boum.org)
- HowTo: Linux Hard Disk Encryption With LUKS [ cryptsetup Command ] (cyberciti.biz)
- Installing Tails Live Linux Operating System For Preserving Privacy and Anonymity On The Net (cyberciti.biz)
- “Solitude” by Celtic Chill (Jamendo.com)
- “Celticado – Celtic Men” by Adam R Sweet (Jamendo.com)
- OggCamp (October 4-5, 2014) in Oxford, UK
- LinuxCon Europe (October 13-15, 2014) in Dusseldorf, Germany
- Free Software and Open Source Symposium (October 23 – 24, 2014) in Toronto, ON
- Ohio LinuxFest (October 24-25, 2014) in Columbus, OH
- SCaLE 13x: The 13th annual Southern California Linux Expo (February 19-22, 2015) Hilton Los Angeles Airport, Los Angeles, CA
Hosts: Rob, Scott, Joe
Live Stream every other Sunday 2:00 p.m.(Central): mintcast.org/livestream
- Forum: forums.linuxmint.com
- Email: [email protected]
- Twitter: @mintCast @Linux_Mint @3dbeef @txhawkins @JoeRessington
- IRC: irc.spotchat.org – #mintcast, or irc.freenode.net – #mintcast
- Google+: mintCast
More Linux Mint info: website, blog, forums, community
Podcast Entry and exit music provided by Mark Blasco (podcastthemes.com). Podcast bumpers provided by Oscar.
Podcast: Play in new window | Download
5 Replies to “mintCast 207 – Shh… It’s Private!”
As a listener to you podcast I no doubt will now be a registered terrorist due to you promoting tails.
As a listener to a Linux podcast you were probably already on the list. You’re welcome. 🙂
I hope you continue the discussion of securing hard drives in a future show.
Just for your information, Canada did not win the “French Indian” war. It was the British, along with American allys that won that war. Do your homework.
Gotta love a good history controversy on a Linux podcast! If my facts are right, the “French-Indian” war was part of an ongoing conflict between Britain and France. It lasted from 1756 to 1763, so there was no such thing as an American during the war.
My comment during the podcast was simply poking fun at the understandable American tendency to glamorize the history of the period… and get in a dig in Canada’s favour. Of course, there was no independent country by that name at the time either!