380 – Leo makes an appearance
1:45 The News
33:09 Security Update
57:43 Bi-Weekly Wanderings
1:30:48 Announcements & Outro
First up in the news, Raspberry Pi OS has a 64-bit version, Nvidia has a release, System76 releases their scheduler, the This Week in Gnome blog, Slackware and Peppermint OS have new releases and Debian uses Arch.
In security, PolicyKit vulnerability lies dormant for a decade, GNU coreutils are being rewritten in Rust, Ubuntu improves low memory handling andSurfshark VPN jumps the shark.
Then in our Wanderings, Moss strikes a chord, Norbert further bodges his system, Bill gets more air time, Leo goes on an XL MX adventure, Joe runs for board and Nishant is distro hopping.
Twitter. Discord. Telegram. Matrix. Reddit. Youtube.
- Raspberry Pi’s RaspberryPiOS Finally Spins 64-bit Version
- NVIDIA 510.47.03 Driver Released with support for Kernel 5.17 and Vulkan 1.3
- System76-Scheduler is a Rust-based tool To Improve Responsiveness
- This Week in Gnome – New Year, New Calendar, New Screencast Utility
- Slackware 15.0 Officially Released, Powered by Linux Kernel 5.15 LTS
- Peppermint OS 11 Released, Now Based on Debian and Xfce
- Project Una launches
- 12-Year-Old PolKit Local Privilege Escalation Flaw Now Patched
- Rust-written replacement to GNU Coreutils progressing, some binaries now faster
- Ubuntu 22.04 LTS Integrating systemd-oomd For Improving Low Memory Handling
- Surfshark VPN Revelations
- Surfshark merged with Nord
- Moss joined the February Album Writing Month
- Norbert found a way to save space when dual-booting
- Bill starts a new podcast titled 3 Fat Truckers
- Leo tries MX Linux and gives Gnome a real fair shake
- Joe started testing usbip on his Pi 4
- Nishant has been preparing for LPIC-1
- Next Episode – 2 pm US Central time on February 20, 2022
- Get mintCast converted to your time zone
- Next Live Stream – 2 pm US Central time on January 12, 2022
- Get the Live Stream converted to your time zone
- Joe – Tllts.org, linuxlugcast.com, MeWe, [email protected], Buy Joe a coffee
- Norbert – [email protected]
- Josh T – [email protected], Josh Thacker on Discord, and @Metal_FOSS on Twitter
- Nishant – [email protected],riconghost on instagram, [email protected], Ghost.Ricon on DIscord, maverick00783 @ Steam
- Moss – [email protected], you can hear me on Distrohoppers’ Digest and Full Circle Weekly News, and you can find more contact information for me on It’s MOSS.
- Bill – [email protected], @wchouser3 on Twitter,and Bill_H on Discord
Before we leave, we want to make sure to acknowledge some of the people who make mintCast possible …
- Norbert for our audio production
- Leo for timestamps and publishing
- Josh Lowe for all his work on the website
- Hobstar for our logo
- initrd for the animated Discord logo
- Londoner for our time sync
- Bytemark Hosting for hosting mintcast.org and our Mumble server
- Archive.org for hosting our audio files
- HPR for our backup Mumble room
- The Linux Mint development team for the fine distro we love to talk about.Thanks, Clem!
Podcast: Play in new window | Download