387 – The Curious Case of Debian Downloads
2:32 The News
13:25 Security and Privacy
22:10 Bi-Weekly Wanderings
First up in the news: NVIDIA is transitioning, Debian talks non-free, Ubuntu has new ISOs and Docker news.
In security and privacy: Intel has more microcode
Then in our Wanderings: Joe lost the election, Norbert watches sci-fi and Bill sets up NextCloud.
- NVIDIA Transitioning To Official, Open-Source Linux GPU Kernel Driver
- Debian considers including nonfree drivers in their official ISOs
- Ubuntu 22.10 (Kinetic Kudu) Daily Build ISOs Are Now Available for Download
- Docker Desktop is Now Here for Linux Users
Security and Privacy Update
- Joe – Tllts.org, linuxlugcast.com, MeWe, email@example.com, Buy Joe a coffee
- Norbert – firstname.lastname@example.org
- Josh T – email@example.com, Josh Thacker on Discord, and @Metal_FOSS on Twitter
- Nishant – firstname.lastname@example.org,riconghost on instagram, riconghost@Github, Ghost.Ricon on DIscord, maverick00783 @ Steam
- Moss – email@example.com, you can hear me on Distrohoppers’ Digest and Full Circle Weekly News, and you can find more contact information for me on It’s MOSS.
- Bill – firstname.lastname@example.org, @wchouser3 on Twitter,and Bill_H on Discord
Before we leave, we want to make sure to acknowledge some of the people who make mintCast possible:
- Norbert and Tony H for our audio production
- Leo for timestamps and publishing
- Josh Lowe for all his work on the website
- Hobstar for our logo
- initrd for the animated Discord logo
- Londoner for our time sync
- Bytemark Hosting for hosting mintcast.org and our Mumble server
- Archive.org for hosting our audio files
- HPR for our backup Mumble room
- The Linux Mint development team for the fine distro we love to talk about.Thanks, Clem!