386 – Microsoft’s Redemption Arc
2:32 The News
13:25 Security and Privacy
22:10 Bi-Weekly Wanderings
First up in the news, NTFS is orphaned, a hare-brained C alternative, and some new Pop!
In security and privacy, Microsoft found it, and Musk open sources
Then in our Wanderings, Jorge is steaming right along, Joe is destroying more stuff, Norbert had a little too much linux, Moss is redoing EVERYTHING, and Bill is pulling his hair out.
- Microsoft finds Linux desktop Flaw that Gives Root to Untrusted Users
- Elon Musk Wants to ‘Open Source’ Twitter’s Algorithms
- Joe – Tllts.org, linuxlugcast.com, MeWe, email@example.com, Buy Joe a coffee
- Norbert – firstname.lastname@example.org
- Josh T – email@example.com, Josh Thacker on Discord, and @Metal_FOSS on Twitter
- Nishant – firstname.lastname@example.org,riconghost on instagram, riconghost@Github, Ghost.Ricon on DIscord, maverick00783 @ Steam
- Moss – email@example.com, you can hear me on Distrohoppers’ Digest and Full Circle Weekly News, and you can find more contact information for me on It’s MOSS.
- Bill – firstname.lastname@example.org, @wchouser3 on Twitter,and Bill_H on Discord
Before we leave, we want to make sure to acknowledge some of the people who make mintCast possible:
- Norbert and Tony H for our audio production
- Leo for timestamps and publishing
- Josh Lowe for all his work on the website
- Hobstar for our logo
- initrd for the animated Discord logo
- Londoner for our time sync
- Bytemark Hosting for hosting mintcast.org and our Mumble server
- Archive.org for hosting our audio files
- HPR for our backup Mumble room
- The Linux Mint development team for the fine distro we love to talk about.Thanks, Clem!