385 – I like my desktop the way I like my drink
1:30 The News
20:10 Bi-Weekly Wanderings
First up in the news, Mint 21 will have a new graphical upgrade tool; Fedora plans to remove BIOS and XOrg; Gnome43 reworks adwaita tools; a Sony engineer makes exFAT 73% faster; and Alibaba previews a 128-core Armv9 server processor.
Then in our Wanderings, Joe is Board of school runnings, Norbert is looking for a MATE, Moss blew up Kodi; and Bill is browsercasting.
- Linux Mint 21 “Vanessa” will have a new graphical tool to upgrade from Mint 20.3
- Fedora plans to deprecate legacy BIOS support and remove legacy Xorg drivers
- Plans for GNOME 43 and Beyond
- Sony Engineer Speeds Linux exFAT Driver by 73%
- Alibaba’s 128-core Armv9 Server Processor Is Ready For Preview
- Joe – Tllts.org, linuxlugcast.com, MeWe, email@example.com, Buy Joe a coffee
- Norbert – firstname.lastname@example.org
- Josh T – email@example.com, Josh Thacker on Discord, and @Metal_FOSS on Twitter
- Nishant – firstname.lastname@example.org,riconghost on instagram, riconghost@Github, Ghost.Ricon on DIscord, maverick00783 @ Steam
- Moss – email@example.com, you can hear me on Distrohoppers’ Digest and Full Circle Weekly News, and you can find more contact information for me on It’s MOSS.
- Bill – firstname.lastname@example.org, @wchouser3 on Twitter,and Bill_H on Discord
Before we leave, we want to make sure to acknowledge some of the people who make mintCast possible:
- Norbert and Tony H for our audio production
- Leo for timestamps and publishing
- Josh Lowe for all his work on the website
- Hobstar for our logo
- initrd for the animated Discord logo
- Londoner for our time sync
- Bytemark Hosting for hosting mintcast.org and our Mumble server
- Archive.org for hosting our audio files
- HPR for our backup Mumble room
- The Linux Mint development team for the fine distro we love to talk about.Thanks, Clem!