mintCast 360 – Uno Reverse Card
3:11 Bi-Weekly Wanderings
43:58 The News
1:24:58 Security Update
1:41:51 Announcements & Outro
First up, in our Wanderings, I fly like an eagle, Joe goes to Florida, Moss is attacked by the trees, Mike wings it.
Then, in the News, a Linux Mint update, Ubuntu too! Wenty-1.04, everyone’s favorite: NFTs, and more.
In Security, meet the new hacking tools, same as the old hacking tools, a reverse Uno card, QNAP, and the University of Minnesota.
- Linux Mint Monthly News
- Ubuntu official flavors 21.04 are out, as well as most of the unofficial flavors
- Bodhi 6 RC
- Elementary OS 6 beta out
- Slackware 15 Beta out
- Humble Bundle creator Wolfire Games brings antitrust lawsuit against Valve over Steam
- Via Dale – Meme Girl Cashes In with NFTs
- Cybercriminals using Telegram to control ToxicEye malware
- QNAP NAS Ransomware invasion
- I was going to add a link to all the QNAP flaws lately, but there’s too many in 2021 alone. So here: Link
- Signal exploits Cellebrite
- University of Minnesota completely banned from Linux kernel, retroactively
- via John Wallis – UofM Further Reading
- Casino Hacked through a Fish Thermometer
- Our next episode will be at 2 pm US Central time on May 16, 2021.
- Get the show time converted to your time zone!
- Joe – www.Tllts.org, www.linuxlugcast.com, MeWe, [email protected]
- Bo – YouTube Undercast Collective
- Moss – It’s MOSS, MeWe, several blogs, music on Bandcamp and on various YouTube channels, @[email protected] on Mastodon, [email protected], Full Circle Weekly News, Sponsus!
- Tony Hughes – HPR – http://hackerpublicradio.org/correspondents.php?hostid=338, Occasional Blog https://tony-hughes.blogspot.com/, Twitter @TonyH1212, [email protected], [email protected]
- Tony Watts – [email protected], Echoes of Savages (band)
- Josh Hawk – [email protected], @joshontech on Twitter and most other social sites. Crowbar Kernel Panic on Spotify.
- Mike – m[email protected] and GrouchyM on Discord
- Leo – leochavez.org and @leochavez on Twitter, [email protected], linuxuserspace.show. Buy me a coffee!
Before we leave, we want to make sure to acknowledge some of the people who make mintCast possible …
- Owen Peery for our audio editing, Josh Lowe for all his work on the website, Hobstar for our logo, initrd for the animated logo, and Londoner for our time sync
- Bytemark Hosting for hosting mintcast.org and our Mumble server
- Archive.org for hosting our audio files
- HPR for our backup Mumble room
- The Linux Mint development team for the fine distro we love to talk about <Thanks, Clem!>