mintCast 294 – Linux Gaming is Alive Again!
- Worked on getting several Linux Mint tickets issues closed
- Had a PR accepted for Linux Mint
- Been playing with Visual Studio Code and Vue.js
- Dumped Ting and started back with T-mobile
- Getting DDO running under Steam on Linux
- Got ncdu installed based on a listener’s suggestion…thanks!
- Updated the Podcasting box from LMDE 2 to LMDE 3
- Proton playing the Batman Arkham games
- Paprefs setup and issues
- Why would i want to
- Linux Mint VM on Windows tablet
- Tony W
- Mint 19 recording/podcast machine build
- KDE Neon in place update went smoothly
- Flashed Lineage OS on a couple of devices, saw performance improvement on both over stock
- Lutris and DXVK setup on Mint
- Fiddling with LMDE and sore spots with Audacity
- New audio hardware (boom arm, shock mount)
- Fiddling with my partitions, grub repair
- VPN issues
- Rant on monthly costs, and why Mullvad
- Temporary issues with Mullvad LOL
- Google kills Google+ after security breach (temporarily)
- “The New Microsoft” adds 60,000 patents to open innovations Network
- Google to charge a licence fee in Europe for use of Play store and other Android apps.
- Flatkill.org says “The sandbox is a lie” and Flatpaks are a “security nightmare”
- Ubuntu 18.10 released on Oct 17. Mint 19.1 is coming. Updated Ubuntu usage stats
- This week the crew shares some exiting new developments that are making gaming much more viable on Linux.
- Some of the links we referenced:
Vibrations from the Ether:
- We hear from a good friend of the show, Sgt MacBear!
- An interesting letter asking if we would accept sponsorship and/or advertising on the show. We ask for listener feedback… so what do you think?
Check this out!:
- Tony H
- A YouTube video on how to make LibreOffice look like MS Office for non-geeks and those you are trying to get to use open source software.
- What is on everybody’s podcatcher, and what podcatcher is everyone using?
Hosts: Tony, Tony, David, Bo, Moss, Leo, and Joe
Live Stream every other Sunday 2:00 p.m.(Central): mintcast.org/livestream
- Forum: forums.linuxmint.com (rarely)
- Email: [email protected]
- Twitter: @mintCast @Linux_Mint
- IRC: irc.spotchat.org – #mintcast
- Google+: mintCast
Podcast Entry and exit music provided by Mark Blasco (podcastthemes.com). Podcast bumpers provided by Oscar.