mintCast 247 – Segments?
- Google beats Oracle—Android makes “fair use” of Java APIs (http://arstechnica.com/tech-policy/2016/05/google-wins-trial-against-oracle-as-jury-finds-android-is-fair-use/)
- Oracle attorney says Google’s court victory might kill the GPL (http://arstechnica.com/tech-policy/2016/05/op-ed-oracle-attorney-says-googles-court-victory-might-kill-the-gpl/)
- Torvalds unhappy with sloppy Unix Millennium Bug patches for Linux kernel (http://www.neowin.net/news/torvalds-unhappy-with-sloppy-unix-millennium-bug-patches-for-linux-kernel)
- 10 more pointless (but awesome) Linux terminal tricks – Bryan Lunduke (http://www.networkworld.com/article/3072648/linux/10-more-pointless-but-awesome-linux-terminal-tricks.html)
Main Topic: Segments?!
- We have put together a couple of new segments called “Toe the Line” and Wazzup!”. Leave a comment or send us an email to let us know what you think about them.
- In “Toe the Line”, Rob talks about the power of the “date” command.
- In “Wazzup!”, Rob talks about recent updates to Linux Mint.
Tips & Websites:
- Isaac read Losing the Signal: The Untold Story Behind the Extraordinary Rise and Spectacular Fall of BlackBerry
- We been getting emails and comments for Patreon and what not, but if you are really wishing you could contribute to MintCast then just redirect that love and money to Reglue.
- SouthEast LinuxFest 2016 – June 10-12, 2016, Sheraton Charlotte Airport, Charlotte, NC
- 2016 Ohio LinuxFest October 7-8, 2016
- Texas Linux Fest 2016 – July 8-9, 2016, Austin Convention Center, Austin, TX
- FOSS TALK LIVE 2016 – August 6, 2016, The Harrison, London, UK
- Sold out, but no reason you can’t go to the pub they will be at and have a beer and talk with other FOSS lovers
- List of conferences according to the Linux Foundation
- Forum: forums.linuxmint.com (rarely)
- Email: [email protected]
- Twitter: @mintCast @3dbeef @txhawkins @JoeRessington @stupidcoder @Linux_Mint
- IRC: irc.spotchat.org – #mintcast
- Google+: mintCast
Podcast Entry and exit music provided by Mark Blasco (podcastthemes.com). Podcast bumpers provided by Oscar.