mintCast 242 – Void Linux
- More news on the Linux Mint hack…
- Announcing SQL Server on Linux (microsoft.com) (linuxinsider.com)
- ProtonMail’s Encrypted Email Service Exits Beta, Adds iOS, Android Apps (protonmail.com) (techcrunch.com)
- How To: Install/Upgrade to Linux Kernel 4.4.5 in Ubuntu/Linux Mint Systems (yourownlinux.com)
Main Topic: Void Linux (http://www.voidlinux.eu/)
“Void Linux is an independent distribution, developed entirely by volunteers. Unlike trillions of other existing distros, Void is not a modification of an existing distribution. Void’s package manager and build system have been written from scratch.”
- Troubleshooters.Com Linux Library (http://www.troubleshooters.com/linux/)
- Using Void Linux (http://www.troubleshooters.com/linux/void/voidtips.htm)
- Developed by Juan RP (https://github.com/xtraeme).
- 10 contributors listed on GitHub (https://github.com/voidlinux)
Tips & Websites:
- Void Linux (http://www.voidlinux.eu/)
- Sublime Text (https://www.sublimetext.com/) – I’ve been having to use Windows at bit more at work recently and one of things that Windows has that Linux doesn’t is Notepad++. This is also one of the first things I went looking for when I first started using Linux over Windows and was a little heartbroken to see that I couldn’t use Notepad++ on Linux. Then I found Sublime Text.
Note: Sublime Text may be downloaded and evaluated for free, however a license must be purchased for continued use. There is currently no enforced time limit for the evaluation.
- How To Fix The (Annoying) ‘Failed to Fetch’ Chrome apt Error (reddit.com) (omgubuntu.co.uk) The search engine has pulled 32-bit Chrome builds from the official Chrome repo, which gets added to Ubuntu Software Sources when the app is first installed. On Linux Mint, you can update it in Update Manager: Edit > Software Sources > Additional repositories, Select Google -> Edit URL…
- Record your terminal activity with “script” (ostechnix.com) As a System administrator, you might execute lot of commands in the Terminal everyday. Sometimes you might want to refer the entire command history along with all respective outputs later.
- FOSS TALK LIVE 2016 – August 6, 2016, London, UK
- Texas Linux Fest 2016 – July 8-9, 2016, Austin Convention Center, Austin, TX
- Events at the Linux Foundation
- Forum: forums.linuxmint.com (rarely)
- Email: [email protected]
- Twitter: @mintCast @3dbeef @txhawkins @JoeRessington @stupidcoder @Linux_Mint
- IRC: irc.spotchat.org – #mintcast
- Google+: mintCast
Podcast Entry and exit music provided by Mark Blasco (podcastthemes.com). Podcast bumpers provided by Oscar.