mintCast 171 – Emacs vs Vi
- Debian invites you to their 20th birthday party (lists.debian.org)
- Linux Trojan kit offered for sale; threatens users’ online banking (zdnet.com)
- OEMs backing away from Microsoft and Windows 8 (theregister.co.uk) (cnet.com)
- Fundraising efforts update: Ubuntu Edge stalling out despite Bloomberg investment; Reglue stuck at less than 6k (indiegogo.com) (indiegogo.com) (zdnet.com)
The Main Topic: Emacs vs VI
Website (3 for 1 bonus):
Avdi Grimm’s blog – Avdi Grimm, a Ruby programmer, has written a series of blog posts about emacs.
The True programmers editor – Why vi: The programmers’ true editor “… you have to be completely insane and out of your senses should you ever use any editor on Unix systems other than vi and emacs.” from “Ramblings of an unfettered mind”
xkcd – The final word on “real programmers”
You don’t want to miss our Euro-centric live podcast, coming on August 18th at 15:00 EDT, 19:00 UTC.
Live Stream (Mondays at 8:00 p.m. Eastern): mintcast.org
- Forum: forums.linuxmint.com
- Email: email@example.com
- Twitter: @mintCast @Linux_Mint @3dbeef @jamescoyner @txhawkins
- IRC: irc.spotchat.org – #mintcast
- Google+: mintCast
Podcast Entry and exit music provided by Mark Blasco (podcastthemes.com). The podcast?s bumpers were provided by Oscar.