mintCast 167 – Your Turn
- Linux Mint 15 Xfce is now available for download (blog.linuxmint.com)
- Many Minor Glitches Make Mint 15 More Work Than It’s Worth (said no one ever) (linuxinsider.com)
- Linux Desktops: Ubuntu vs. Linux Mint (datamation.org)
- Chromebooks selling well in the bottom of the PC marketplace (zdnet.com)
The Main Topic: Your Feedback
Tip & Website in one:
Monitor your Bandwidth on Linux with vnStat: (linuxaria.com)
vnStat is a console-based network traffic monitor for Linux and BSD that keeps a log of network traffic for the selected interface(s). It uses the network interface statistics provided by the kernel as information source. This means that vnStat won’t actually be sniffing any traffic and also ensures light use of system resources. The 2.2 series kernel is required so, unless you are running an ancient version of Linux, you should be able to run vnStat.
Live Stream (Mondays at 8:00 p.m. Eastern): mintcast.org
- Forum: forums.linuxmint.com
- Email: [email protected]
- Twitter: @mintCast @Linux_Mint @3dbeef @jamescoyner @txhawkins
- IRC: irc.spotchat.org – #mintcast
- Google+: mintCast
Podcast Entry and exit music provided by Mark Blasco (podcastthemes.com). The podcast?s bumpers were provided by Oscar.