mintCast 159: Catching up with James
- The Mint development team launches a new blog. (Segfault.Linuxmint.com )
- Debian 7.0 Wheezy is released. (Debian.org )
- SolydXK gets added to the DistroWatch database. (Ostatic.com )
- Lightworks Linux public beta is finally available for download. (Webupd8.com )
- Iron Penguin: First open-source “Iron Man” suit within reach? (ZDNet.com )
The Main Topic:
- Catching up with James.
Featured Website: (Thanks to Merely Jim)
- Run Linux on your Chromebook with Crouton. (Blogspot.com )
Tip: (Thanks to Beardy Jesse)
- The tree command. It’s a really simple command that allows you to see a tree type view of a folder hierarchy. I use it if I’m unsure of where a file/folder is, as it saves constantly having to use the ‘ls’ command in every folder to find a sub-sub-sub directory. I’d suggest limiting the depth with the -L flag because if you use it in your root directory, as it can return far too many results to be useful!
Live Stream (Mondays at 8:00 p.m. Eastern): mintcast.org
- Forum: forums.linuxmint.com
- Email: [email protected]
- Twitter: @mintCast @Linux_Mint @3dbeef @jamescoyner @txhawkins
- IRC: irc.spotchat.org – #mintcast
- Google+: mintCast
Credits: Podcast Entry and exit music provided by Mark Blasco (podcastthemes.com). The podcast’s bumpers were provided by Oscar.