- Clem details MDM login screens built with HTML5. (Blog.LinuxMint.com )
- Canonical takes the lid off of Mir. (Phoronix.com )
- HP to offer all-in-one Ubuntu computer for sale in UK. (OMGUbuntu.co.uk )
- Steam for Linux continues to grow, challenges Steam for Mac adoption numbers. (Webupd8.org )
The Main Topic:
- Interview with Schoelje discussing the new SolydXK distro. (SolydXK )
Tip and Website in one:
- notify-sendIt allows you to send notifications to the desktop and works in most DE’s. I use it in my scripts to let me know where they’ve got to and what is being done, also it adds a flair of professionalism to my home-grown code!!
An example use would be;
notify-send -t 5000 ‘Backup Script’ ‘The backup has completed successfully’
Which would then show a title and main notification for 5 seconds;
Title – Backup Script,
Main notification – The backup has completed successfully.
You can, as with all Linux commands, get fancy and add variables and other inputs. Thanks to Beardy Jesse for this Tip and Website.(ss64.com )
IRC: irc.spotchat.org – #mintcast
YouTube: mintCast Productions
Credits: Podcast Entry and exit music provided by Mark Blasco (podcastthemes.com). The podcast’s bumpers were provided by Oscar.