- Linux Mint Debian Edition Update Pack 6 is now avaiable for download. (Linuxmint.com)
- Ouya Gaming Console Showing up in Videos Around the Web. (Ostatic.com)
- Ohio LinuxFest looking for ideas. (OhioLinux.org)
- Fedora 18 delayed yet again. (LinuxUser.co.uk)
- The Raspberry PI gets an open source educational manual. (Raspberrypi.org)
The Main Topic:
Website of the Podcast:
- Floss Manuals(flossmanuals.net)
FLOSS Manuals is a collection of manuals about free and open source software together with the tools used to create them and the community that uses those tools. They include authors, editors, artists, software developers, activists, and many others. There are manuals that explain how to install and use a range of free and open source softwares, about how to do things (like design or stay safe online) with open source software, and manuals about free culture services that use or support free software and formats.
Anyone can contribute to a manual – to fix a spelling mistake, to add a more detailed explanation, to write a new chapter, or to start a whole new manual on a topic.
Tip of the Podcast:
A great bash history expansion trick is “!$” which expands into the last argument of last command. For example, say you ran the following command “ls /usr/share/doc/apt/examples” to see what is in that folder. Then you realize that you want to run “ls -l” instead. Rather than typing the whole command and path over, you can just type “ls -l !$”. Convenient, huh?
Your browser does not support the audio element.
Live Stream (Mondays at 8:00 p.m. Eastern): mintcast.org
IRC: irc.spotchat.org – #mintcast
YouTube: mintCast Productions
Credits: Podcast Entry and exit music provided by Mark Blasco (podcastthemes.com). The podcast bumpers are provided by Oscar.