mintCast 142: World of Linux III
- The latest Nemo from GIT has already got some interesting new features (webupd8.org)
- Five things Desktop Linux has to do to beat Windows 8. (zdnet.com)
- Limerick Ireland goes in for Open Source. (thevarguy.com)
- Bern Switzerland mandates the use of Open Source. (thepowerbase.com)
- The Linux Kernel says goodbye to Intel’s i386 chip. (zdnet.com)
- Raspberry Pi gets an Appstore. (webupd8.org)
The Main Topic: The World of Linux III
- #98 Swift Linux (swiftlinux.org)
- #72 Linux Lite (linuxdistrocommunity.com)
- #189 xPUD (xpud.org)
- #50 Slax (slax.org)
- #?? Whonix (sourceforge.net)
- #92 SalineOS (salineos.com)
- Distrowatch (distrowatch.com)
- If you have the Cinnamon Desktop Environment, you can record your desktop without any extra program, simply go “Shift + Ctrl + Alt + R” and you will see a record icon in the bottom right corner. To stop recording, repeat the combination and goto your home directory and the recording is saved as a “.webm”.
Your browser does not support the audio element.
Live Stream (Mondays at 8:00 p.m. Eastern): mintcast.org
Email: [email protected]
IRC: irc.spotchat.org – #mintcast
YouTube: mintCast Productions
Credits: Podcast Entry and exit music provided by Mark Blasco (podcastthemes.com). The podcast’s bumpers were provided by Oscar.