Episode 119: Put It In The Cloud
- Samsung joins the Linux Foundation. (tmcnet.com)
- Yet another desktop environment poll. (terminally-incoherent.com)
- The shutdown button returns to Gnome. (h-online.com)
- US Navy to use Linux to control drone force. (theregister.co.uk)
The Main Topic: ownCloud
- OwnCloud enables universal access to files through a Web browser or WebDAV. It also provides a platform to easily view and sync contacts, calendars and bookmarks across all devices and enables basic editing right on the Web. Programmers will be able to add features to it via its open application programming interface (API). (owncloud.org/)
- Version 4, the latest release of ownCloud has introduced a versioning system that allows you to recover old versions of a file if it get accidentally deleted.
- The new encryption application/plugin allows files to be encrypted with a users password.
Your browser does not support the audio element.
Live Stream (Mondays at 8:00 p.m. Eastern): mintcast.org
Email: [email protected]
IRC: irc.spotchat.org – #mintcast
YouTube: mintCast Productions
Credits: Podcast Entry and exit music provided by Mark Blasco (podcastthemes.com). The podcast’s bumpers were provided by Oscar.