- Linux Mint 12 KDE goes live. (blog.linuxmint.com) (update to KDE 4.8 – sudo add-apt-repository ppa:kubuntu-ppa/backports)
- Android, Tizen, and the end of Java? (thepowerbase.com)
- Your Next Media Center, Raspbmc. (ubuntuvibes.com)
- Aaron Seigo answers your questions about the new Spark tablet. (aseigo.blogspot.com)
- ACTA Signed by 22 in the EU. (zdnet.co.uk)
- Why I switched to Duck Duck Go. (ghacks.net)
The Main Topic: Freedom, Open Source, And Such
- Free Software Definition. (gnu.org)
- Open Source Definition. (opensource.org)
- “Cooperation is more important than copyright.” (gnu.org)
- United States Congressional Research Service . (unt.edu)
- Software Patent Debate. (wikipedia.org)
- The Copyright Alliance says… (copyrightalliance.org)
- FadeIn Pro. (fadeinpro.com)
- Overheard on the linuxmint-help IRC channel… To install new software from the command line you would normally type:
“sudo apt-get install foobar”
- In Linux Mint, you can simply type:
“apt install foobar”
- This works for any “sudo apt-get” command.
Your browser does not support the audio element.
Live Stream (Mondays at 8:00 p.m. Eastern): mintcast.org
IRC: irc.spotchat.org – #mintcast
Credits: Podcast Entry and exit music provided by Mark Blasco (podcastthemes.com). The podcast’s bumpers were provided by Oscar.