Episode 72: Getting Things Done in Linux Mint!
News & Personal Updates
- 0:06:30 Linux Mint 11 LXDE RC is now available for download.
- 0:07:47 Steven J. Vaughan-Nichols of ZDNet names Linux Mint the best of his 5 current favorite Linux distributions.
- 0:09:45 Phoronix has published a work-around for the power regression issues in the 2.6.38 kernel.
- 0:15:10 A debate is raging regarding user-space file systems, and Linus has weighed in.
- 0:23:04 Working in Linux Mint
Boston Peng – Synaptic and flash drives
Christopher Patric – Apple, app store, Amahi, and Amazon
Website of the Week
Tip of the Week
To help fix the power regression issues Phoronix posted a temporary patch, just add ‘pcie_aspm=force’ to the boot entry for you 2.6.38 >> kernel. If you want an east way to add the command ‘ pcie_aspm=force ‘ to the /etc/default/grub file under the GRUB_CMDLINE_LINUX_DEFAULT line.
- Send in mintCast logos and T-Shirt designs for a chance to win one of the new mintCast T-Shirts in our contest.
The best logos and designs will win a free T-Shirt, so send in your designs by July 31th.
Hosts: Rob, Scott, James, Harrison
Subscribe to the podcast: [iTunes] [Zune] [RSS MP3] [RSS OGG]
Twitter: @mintCast @Linux_Mint @3dbeef @jamescoyner
IRC: irc.spotchat.org – #mintcast
More Linux Mint info:
Linux Mint website,
Podcast Entry and exit music provided by Mark Blasco. http://www.podcastthemes.com/ The podcast’s bumpers were provided by Oscar.
If your browser supports HTML5 try the HTML5 player here:
Your browser doesn’t support the HTML5 audio element