News & Personal Updates
- 0:00:45 Expect Better Collaboration Between Linux Mint And Lancelot
- 0:05:29 Linux Mint Xfce Released
- 0:07:25 Linux Mint 8 Helena reaches end of life.
- 0:11:28 OpenSUSE has decided on a numbering scheme for future versions.
- 0:15:26 There have been several new developments in the Novell patent case that arose from Attatchmate’s purchase of Novell last year. http://bit.ly/gdxeh6
- 0:19:42 Gnome 3 has been released and is available for download.
- 0:22:25Ubuntu App Developer week. The third developer week has been scheduled for April 11 to April 15
- 0:24:26 Installing Firefox 4 on LMDE
- 0:25:48 Gareth McCumskey Interview
Website of the Week
- 1:15:01 http://www.muktware.com
Tip of the Podcast
- 1:15:44 Use imagemagick to quickly batch resize multiple images from the command line. First install imagemagick “sudo apt-get install imagemagick”. Then move to the directory containing the images you want to convert and run the following command: for i in $( ls *.jpg); do convert -resize 50% $i re_$i; done. You could choose a different percentage if so desired, or even specify a specific ratio of say 640 x 480 if wanted.
- 1:17:44 Feedback from our AWESOME listeners.
Hosts: Harrison, James, Rob, Scott
Subscribe to the podcast: [iTunes] [Zune] [RSS MP3] [RSS OGG]
Twitter: @mintCast @Linux_Mint
IRC: irc.spotchat.org – #mintcast
More Linux Mint info: Linux Mint website, blog, forums, community
Podcast Entry and exit music provided by Mark Blasco. http://www.podcastthemes.com/
The podcast’s bumpers were provided by Oscar.