News & Personal Updates
- 0:02:17 Linux Mint 10 LXDE has been released
- 0:02:53 Ubuntu and Gnome are in an ongoing dispute.
- 0:07:39 NASA gets behind the OpenSource model!
- 0:10:40 The openSuse team is considering changing the naming scheme for releases.
- 0:12:51 The 2.6.38 kernel has been released
- 0:16:05 Panasonic has joined the Linux Foundation as a Gold Member.
- 0:19:36 Sebastian Nystrom, VP, head of MeeGo, Qt & WebKit at Nokia, has a great post on the QT Blog titled “QT and Digia, Facts and Fiction”, where he discusses the Digia purchase of Nokia’s Commercial QT segment and what it means to the QT Community.
- 0:21:01 Firefox 4 has settled on March 22nd as the release day for this new version of the ever-popular browser.
- 0:22:27 Justin interview
Website of the Week
- 1:12:42 community.linuxmint.com
Tip of the Podcast
- 1:13:41 CTRL+R – search command history
- 1:14:42 Use ^ to replace words in a command
Special Thanks From Justin
- Clem – for giving me all the responsibilities I have today and trusting me with them
- Ikey – for getting me to where I am today, for getting me the jobs I have and suggesting for me, along with being a positive force, an example, a great teacher, for listening to all my crazy ideas, and for being a great friend. I likely wouldn’t be here without your encouragement.
- Archerseven – for teaching me a ton about IRC and being a great friend willing to work through the hardest of problems
- Kuja – For taking an active role in administration and helping us whenever we need it
- Steely – For being one of the greatest supporters of us and never turning his back no matter the difficulty, along with encouraging us to always do the right thing
- Suhana – For reminding me that BSD rocks and for teaching me to stand for best practices regardless of the consequences
- rich_roast – For providing logic and reason even in the most difficult times
- To all the other operators: Roin, gazza, proxima_centauri, linXea, Deadguy, Oscar799 – for being the best supporting staff I could ask for. You guys truly rock and are an inspiration to everyone around you.
- Remain the community and giving nature that exists within Linux Mint.
- Thank you all, it’s been a wonderful ride.
Hosts: Harrison, James, Rob, Scott, Jalu, Justin
Subscribe to the podcast: [iTunes] [Zune] [RSS MP3] [RSS OGG]
Twitter: @mintCast @Linux_Mint
IRC: irc.spotchat.org – #mintcast
More Linux Mint info: Linux Mint website, blog, forums, community
Podcast Entry and exit music provided by Mark Blasco. http://www.podcastthemes.com/
The podcast’s bumpers were provided by Oscar.