News & personal updates
- Neil McGovern of the Debian team has announced that Debian 6 was for released on February 5th. During the two years that Debian ‘Squeeze’ was under development, the Debian Project managed to close over 149,000 bugs. Debian.org
- Linux.com ran a discussion of Linux Mint Debian Edition, which we will be talking about in an upcoming episode (http://bit.ly/dYRK4g).
- The Document Foundation launches LibreOffice 3.3, the first stable release of the free office suite developed by the community. In less than four months, the number of developers hacking LibreOffice has grown from less than twenty in late September 2010, to well over one hundred today. http://bit.ly/eNnh09
- The TexasLinuxFest 2011 Call For Papers is Open! http://www.texaslinuxfest.org/callforpapers – submit your talk today.
- KDE 4.6 to be included in Mint 10 KDE http://blog.linuxmint.com/?p=1645
- The internet is running out of space! But IPV6 is to the rescue with 340 trillion trillion trillion addresses.
- KOffice the up and coming office suite of the future? Developer Thomas Zander blogs about the Calligra Office split and the project views on challenging other office suites.
This week we review and discuss Linux Mint Fluxbox Edition.
Websites of the Week
You can contact Kendall Tristan on Twitter @kendall_tristan
IRC: Freenode- #mintcast
Podcast Entry and exit music provided by Mark Blasco. http://www.podcastthemes.com/
The podcast’s bumpers were provided by Oscar.